Out-of-School Time Services
Licensed childcare center at Ocean View Elementary
Looking for high quality, affordable and convenient childcare while you are working during the pandemic? Out-of-School Time (OST) Services provides childcare assistance at Ocean View Elementary. The program provides help with E learning. It also includes programs such as arts & crafts and games. Food is provided which includes breakfast, lunch and snack.
All OST Centers operated by the YWCA South Hampton Roads are fully licensed by the State of Virginia Department of Social Services. Each center has achieved Level 2 certification according to the state’s Quality Rating and Improvement System.
Types of Care
- Full-time (5 days per week) Monday – Friday
- Ocean View Elementary
Important Registration Information
Registrations are accepted by emailing Cleo Simms at Cleo.Simms@ywca-shr.org or you can fill out an application here.
IMPORTANT: You must provide several required forms in order to register your child at an OST Centers. Some require both an original and a copy. The details are below.
You must provide the following documents at the time of registration. Please note certain documents require both the original and a copy.
- 1 original and 1 copy of child’s 3-page School Health Form (Physical and Immunization Record). The immunization record must be signed by a physician or designee. Forms without the correct signatures will NOT be accepted.
- Child’s original birth certificate for viewing.
If requesting an income-based reduced rate, provide the following:
- Your most recent 1040 Federal Income Tax Return. If you filed “Married Filing Separately,” provide both returns.
and ANY of the following that applies to you:
- Last 2 pay stubs/LES (military)
- Social Security or disability statement
- If self-employed, your most recent Business Income Tax Return
- Documentation of any federal assistance such as food stamps, rent subsidy, or Aid to Dependent Children, TANF
- Child Support Agreement
A nonrefundable registration fee of $55 per child is due at the time of registration.
All payments are made online via Brightwheel.