Out-of-School Time Services
Licensed childcare centers at Oceanair, Mary Calcott, Ocean View, and Tanners Creek elementary schools provide before-and-after school care for your child while you are at work.
Looking for high quality, affordable and convenient childcare while you are working? Out-of-School Time (OST) Services provides childcare through Before-and-After School and Summer Clubhouse Programming at four elementary schools in Norfolk. The programs provide homework assistance and activities to enhance the social, emotional, physical and cognitive skills for children ages three to twelve.
Full-time (over three days) or part-time (three days or less) care is provided for children as young as three who are potty trained (or potty training) up to age twelve. Drop-in care is also available based on availability.
All OST Centers operated by the YWCA South Hampton Roads are fully licensed by the State of Virginia Department of Social Services. Each center has achieved Level 2 certification according to the state’s Quality Rating and Improvement System.
Types of Care
- Full-time (5 days per week)
- Part-time (3 days per week)
- Mary Calcott Elementary
- Oceanair Elementary
- Ocean View Elementary
- Tanners Creek Elementary
Important Registration Information
Mary Calcott Elementary: Call 757-237-5181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Oceanair Elementary: Call 757-237-6075 or email email@example.com
Ocean View Elementary: Call 757-237-5182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tanners Creek Elementary: Call 757-237-1530 or email email@example.com
Registrations are also accepted weekdays from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the YWCA South Hampton Roads, 500 E. Plume St., Suite 700, Norfolk or by calling 757-625-4248.
IMPORTANT: You must provide several required forms in order to register your child at an OST Centers. Some require both an original and a copy. Details are below.
You must provide the following documents at the time of registration. Please note certain documents require both the original and a copy.
- 1 original and 1 copy of child’s 3-page School Health Form (Physical and Immunization Record). The immunization record must be signed by a physician or designee. Forms without the correct signatures will NOT be accepted.
- Child’s original birth certificate for viewing.
If requesting an income-based reduced rate, provide the following:
- Your most recent 1040 Federal Income Tax Return. If you filed “Married Filing Separately,” provide both returns.
and ANY of the following that applies to you:
- Last 2 pay stubs/LES (military)
- Social Security or disability statement
- If self-employed, your most recent Business Income Tax Return
- Documentation of any federal assistance such as food stamps, rent subsidy, or Aid to Dependent Children, TANF
- Child Support Agreement
A nonrefundable registration fee of $55 per child or $100 per family is due at the time of registration. Make your check payable to YWCA SHR.
We only accept Money Orders for registration payments (payable to YWCA of SHR).
All payments are made online via Brightwheel.