YWCA South Hampton Roads is excited to announce the Annual Conference on R.E.S.T – Racial Equity & Social Transformation on June 15 – 16, 2023 at Norfolk State University, in partnership with the Center for African-American Public Policy. Back again for the second year, this conference brings together Hampton Roads community members with the goal of advancing racial justice and equity issues in policies, institutions, and culture.
R.E.S.T. is a training ground for those interested in learning more and leaning into the effects of injustices and inequities. Through information-collaboration-activation, participants will learn and build best practices with a long-term goal of building a blueprint for the transformational change needed to build an antiracist Hampton Roads.
This year’s conference theme is “Moving Beyond” and is focused on the actions we can take as freedom fighters and justice-seekers to move beyond words and into action and policy change. Attendees will spend two days engaging in action-building panel discussions and workshops, and much more!
- RSVP by June 5, 2023 – 9:00 a.m. to guarantee any dietary accommodations
- Doors open at 8:30 a.m. daily
- Masks are required on campus at NSU as a safety precaution for all guests
- Recommended age for this event is 16+
- The inaugural Legacy Luncheon on the Lawn Community Awards honoring those in the movement of equity and justice in Hampton Roads. Nominations are open now through April 28, 2023.
- Annual Racial Justice Scholarship Essay Contest – $1,000.00 scholarship to a deserving high school junior or senior. Click here for more information. Deadline: April 28, 2023.
For sponsorship and ad opportunities please contact JP Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For volunteering and additional info, please email Zakkiyya Cunningham at email@example.com.