Sponsors and Partners
On behalf of women, girls and families across South Hampton Roads, we salute our sponsors and partners with heartfelt thanks. YWCA works with corporations, foundations, organizations and government institutions to help us further our mission of eliminating racism and empowering women. We welcome new sponsors and partners and look forward to finding ways to work together to stand up for social justice, help families and strengthen communities.
Our incredible sponsors provide critical financial support for YWCA programs and initiatives — including our signature Women of Distinction Awards Luncheon and Walk-a-Mile in Her Shoes campaigns.
To get in touch about sponsorship and partnership opportunities, or with questions, contact our Development team via email or give them a call at 757-625-4248.
Our inspiring partners, including the organizations and initiatives below, join forces with YWCA as we work across South Hampton Roads to advance our mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
Since 1989, the YWCA South Hampton Roads has recognized and celebrated the achievements of outstanding women in South Hampton Roads through the annual Women of Distinction Awards Luncheon. Now in its 32nd year, this prestigious award has been bestowed upon more than 300 women. This year, the Women of Distinction Luncheon will take place March 31, 2020 at The Norfolk Waterside Marriott.
Walk-a-Mile in Her Shoes asks men to literally walk one mile in women’s high-heeled shoes. It’s not easy walking in these shoes, but it’s fun and it gets the community to talk about something that’s really difficult to talk about: sexual violence and gender relations. This year, Walk-Mile in Her Shoes will take place April 30, 2020 at MacArthur Center.
Without the strategic partners listed below, we would not be able to serve our clients in this community. Please accept our sincere thanks for your partnership.
- CHKD Child Abuse Center
- Chesapeake Department of Human Services/Division of Social Services
- Chesapeake Forensic Specialists
- Chesapeake Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney
- Chesapeake Police Department
- Chesapeake Sheriff’s Office
- Chesapeake Victim/Witness Assistance Program
- Franklin Department of Social Services
- Franklin Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney
- Franklin Police Department
- Garden of Hope
- Genieve Shelter
- H.E.R. Shelter
- Norfolk Department of Social Services
- Norfolk Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney
- Norfolk Police Department
- Norfolk Sheriff’s Office
- Norfolk Victim/Witness Assistance Program
- Old Dominion University
- Portsmouth Department of Social Services
- Portsmouth Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney
- Portsmouth Police Department
- Portsmouth Victim/Witness Assistance Program
- Regent University
- Samaritan House
- Sentara Obici Hospital
- Sentara Norfolk General Forensic Nurse Examiner Program
- Southhampton County Department of Social Services
- Southhampton County & City of Franklin Deputy Commonwealth Attorney
- Southhampton Memorial Hospital
- Southampton County Sheriff’s Office
- Southhampton County Victim Witness Assistance Program
- Suffolk Department of Social Services
- Suffolk Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney
- Suffolk Police Department
- Suffolk Victim/Witness Assistance Program
- The Planning Council
- Tidewater Community College
- Tidewater Youth Services Commission
- Virginia Beach Department of Social Services
- Virginia Beach Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney
- Virginia Beach Police Department
- Virginia Beach Victim/Witness Assistance Program
- Virginian Wesleyan University
- Western Tidewater Regional Jail
If you are interested in becoming a strategic partner with the YWCA contact our Development Department or call 757-625-4248.