Host a Fundraising Event for YWCA South Hampton Roads
Whether you’re planning an event on your own, or you represent an organization or business, we appreciate your willingness to raise awareness and funds for our programs. Third-party fundraising events are vital to YWCA South Hampton Roads and enables us to serve the clients in our community. Big or small, every effort makes a difference.
Community Fundraisers FAQ
- What is a Third- Party Fundraiser?
- What will the YWCA Provide?
- Fundraising Tips
- How do I get started?
A third-party fundraiser is any fundraising initiative brought forward by an individual(s), community group, service club or business external to YWCA that wishes to raise money through a planned activity designed, managed and financially resourced by the external participants.
• The activity is independent from YWCA; however, all or a portion of the net proceeds generated are donated to the YWCA South Hampton Roads.
• Any reimbursable expenses must be approved prior to being incurred.
• All planning, implementation, staffing and management of the event are executed by the external participants.
• Approved YWCA logo and signage
• A YWCA staff member or volunteer to attend the event or check presentation, if applicable
• Tax receipt according to the United States Office of Internal Revenue
• A listing on the YWCA website event calendar
We encourage you to work with your friends, co-workers or employees to come up with new ideas for your fundraising event, something your group will get excited about. See below for a sampling of ideas. Also, remember to share your fundraising event with family, friends and co-workers on your social –media platforms of choice: Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Instagram, Pinterest and others – and tag the YWCA (@ywcashr).
• Host a wine or beer tasting event at your favorite establishment.
• Host a sports tournament.
• Hold a “jeans day” in your office.
• Host a dinner or luncheon for your friends and ask them to make a donation to YWCA South Hampton Roads.
• Making a donation in honor of your birthday.
Once you’ve determined that you’d like to hold a fundraiser to benefit the YWCA, contact Jillian Talley, Development Associate, as soon as possible so that we can review your application. This is your event, but we are here to provide guidance and ensure appropriate representation of the YWCA brand.