Become an Adopt-A-Room Sponsor!
Sponsoring a room at the YWCA Emergency Shelter helps contribute to our goal of making our shelter into a tranquil place of healing. By adopting a room you are helping homeless families move forward on their journey toward self-sufficiency! Your sponsorship will help make an incredible impact during their time of transition, assuring that they receive the full benefits of YWCA’s comprehensive programs.
Benefits for Adopters:
- Recognition to the YWCA Official Website and Facebook Page
- An invitation to the YWCA Emergency Shelter to see the impact you are making (appointment required)
- Prominent signage outside of your adopted room
Gather your group. Please note, when at the shelter, your group should be limited to no more than 5 individuals at a time per room decorating. All volunteers must be over 18 years old.
- Identify the shelter room you would like to adopt
- Choose your decor theme from our pre-selected themes list
- Choose two date options (a first and second choice) that you would like for your group to complete initial set up of the shelter unit. If possible, the shelter prefers that you pick a Thursday.
- The shelter address will be given to the group leader upon submission of all group members’ Confidentiality Agreements; all participants must sign the agreement prior to coming to the shelter.
- Purchase any supplies required for room beautification prior to your shelter visit.
- Decorate your adopted room based on your pre-selected theme.
- Provide hospitality baskets for room guests and their families to receive upon their first night at shelter. The required number of hospitality baskets is equal to the average number of occupants in your selected room over a six month period.
- Provide sets of linens, blankets, towels, and washcloths to be stored and provided to incoming shelter guests and their families. This number is equal to the average number of occupants in your selected room over a six month period.
- Items include:
- Items to aid storage of personal items
- Items to avoid:
- Strong scented bath products
- Down filled pillows or duvets
- Additional appliances: TVs, radios, etc.
- Items include:
Are you ready to adopt-a-room?
Contact Jenna Lowrance, PR & Marketing Specialist to receive your adopt-a-room packet with more detailed information.
- email@example.com or 757-625-4248 x121
Thank you to our Adopt-a-Room Partners
- Board President Stephanie Dickens
- Board Member Amasa Smith and Family
- Board Member Shelley Kay-Marriner
- Board Member Lt. Michele Meister and Virginia Beach Police Department
- Eastern Data
- Sentara Leigh Hospital
- Let Me Be Great Children’s Yoga
- Narketta Sparkman-Key
- Mike Harkins and Family
- James and Carolyn Talley
- Caribbean People
- Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc
- Kathy Shelton