When you transfer stocks or other securities to the YWCA South Hampton Roads, you are eligible for a tax deduction for fair market value.
Benefits to Giving a Gift of Stock:
- Your gift of securities entitles you to a federal charitable income tax deduction.
- You are allowed to deduct the full fair market value of your gift when you make a gift of appreciated securities, as long as you have owned the securities for a year or more.
- You may use your deduction for up to 30 percent of your adjusted gross income.
- You are allowed to carry any unused deduction forward for up to five additional years.
- You will not be required to pay capital gains tax on the stock you donate.
For more information about transferring stocks or other securities to the YWCA South Hampton Roads, contact the Development Department, at 757.625.4248 (ext. 20).