How To Participate
Are You Man Enough to Walk A Mile in Her Shoes?
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 from 12:00 p.m to 1:30 p.m. in Downtown Norfolk, supporters from throughout South Hampton Roads will participate in the 3rd Annual Walk-A-Mile In Her Shoes Men's March to End Rape and Sexual Assault. This is a bold and courageous event designed to raise community awareness and funds for sexual assault support services, comprehensive counseling, educational outreach, and housing programs for more than 5,000 individuals served each year by the YWCA South Hampton Roads.
How to Participate:
1) Register today.
- Start or join a team.
- Set your fundraising goal.
- Make a personal donation toward your goal to kick-start your fundraising.
- Set up and customize your fundraising web page.
2) Recruit your team and begin fundraising.
- Log in to your participant center to send emails, inviting family, friends, co-workers and neighbors to walk with you and/or make a personal contribution. We'll give you the pre-designed tools!
- Post to Facebook, Twitter and other social sites, asking others to join your team or donate toward your fundraising goal. Sample posts are available.
- Track your fundraising progress online
- Earn a free event t-shirt when you raise $50 or a chance to win great raffle prizes when you raise $150 and $250.
3. Walk with other courageous men and women on April 17, 2014.
- Join millions of individuals across the country who will take a stand during Sexual Assault Awareness Month to promote victims' rights and advocate on their behalf.
- Raise awareness and offer encouragement o the 1 out of every 5 women in our community who are impacted by sexual assault or personal violence.
- Celebrate organizations like the YWCA South Hampton Roads that provide critical services to prevent and intervene in cases of rape, sexual assault and violence against women in our community.
- Have fun while congratulating your team and donors for reaching their fundraising goal.